Monday, January 27, 2014

It's been a long while.
I'm not in the Navy anymore. I finished my enlistment and was discharged honorably.
I've been floating for a few months, dealing with my own issues. The last few months of being in the Navy were pretty horrible, disappointing, and depressing.
I really wanted to reenlist, see? I had done all the paperwork and was waiting on the bureaucracy to approve it, and the Command Career Counselor told me that if I waited, then I'd get this big bonus.
He lied, it wasn't possible.
I was discharged on Oct 1, 2012, the first day of the government shutdown, and it was a helluva day to try to get anything done.
Mostly, I wanted to curl up and disappear.

I've been sick lately, with a cough and congestion and general lassitude that makes me sleep like a cat. I've lost weight at an unhealthy pace, and while I've been pushing fluids, it's been a week and I'm only just beginning to feel better.

So. I guess I'm alright, all being told. I'm warm and safe, I have food. Things could be much worse.  

No comments: