Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Something that bewilders me.

There are people who come through drive-thru and just order drinks, usually diet. Now, I have no problem with people drinking diet; it could be that they like the taste better than regular soda, or are diabetic, or trying to loose some weight. Those are all pretty good reasons to drink diet.

But what bewilders me is two pronged... why are you going through drive-thru to buy soda, and why don't you go next door to the convenience store to buy it?


Soda at my McDonald's currently costs $1.07 for 12 and 16 oz, $1.59 for 21 oz, and $2.02 for 32 oz. Next door, the prices usually run around $1.30 for a 20 oz and about $1.50 for a liter (it depends on what you get). However, those are just for the bottles; they've had a sale going for their fountain drinks -- any size, 69¢.

So really, go there. You can even park your car in the parking lot if it's not terribly busy. The *cough* fresh air and exercise will do you good.

2 comments:

Leo said...

Check for (very small) kids in the car. I have gone though the drive through plenty of times when I would rather have walked into a store, but it is a ton more effort to get a car seat dweller out of and back into a car seat than it is to just go through a drive through.

Courtney said...

I'll admit that I've done this on occasion and will also admit that it's due to pure laziness. But then, I've also parked and gone in to order meals (or get an ice cream cone!), especially if I notice that there's a short/no line inside and the drive thru line is long.