Saturday, April 14, 2007

Taxes, McDonald's, comments, and DEP meetings

Dear libertytax.com, I appreciate being able to use your site to prepare my taxes. However, I don't like finding out three days before my taxes are due, that my electronic taxes were rejected. Fuck you in the fucking neck.

on to more pleasant things.

Final Embrace said...

The only part of this story that's hard to swallow is that you work for McDonald's.
I mean, really. In your post about abortion (today's post) you use a semicolon correctly. Do you expect me to believe that you labor daily at a fast food restaurant?
Otherwise, keep up the great writing.

Well, I don't suppose it really matters whether or not you believe that I work at a fast food place. Given my situation, I could either work there, at a gas station, Subway, or the local Chinese restaurant. Menial labor. I have to say that it's good for me to work in this in-between time, otherwise I'd likely get depressed and lazy and bitter. I could start a small business doing something like writing resumés, but I personally don't like the idea of opening a business that at the onset has a close date. Well.

I had my first DEP meeting (that would be a meeting of all the kids that are in the Delayed Entry Program in the area in the Navy); it went both better and worse than I expected. Better, because I had confirmation that I have indeed memorized my Eleven General Orders for a Sentry, Sailor's Creed, and Rank and Recognition. Worse, because I've found out how out of shape I'm in. Well, that's fixable and I do have time to fix it. I am going to be strong and fit by the time I visit my friend who's already graduated boot camp.

No comments: